Protecting your information from others If a third party requests your personal information, we will refuse to share it unless you give us permission or we are legally required. When we are legally required to share your personal information, we will tell you in advance, unless we are legally forbidden.
Helping merchants and partners to meet their privacy obligations Many of the merchants and partners using Windo may not have the benefit of a dedicated privacy team, and it is important to us to help them meet their privacy obligations. To do this, we try to build our products and services so they can easily be used in a privacy-friendly way. We also provide detailed FAQs, documentation and whitepapers covering the most important privacy topics, and respond to privacy-related questions we receive.
3. The reasons for processing your information We generally process your information when we need to do so to fulfill a contractual obligation (for example, to process your subscription payments to use the Windo platform), or where we or someone we work with needs to use your personal information for a reason related to their business (for example, to provide you with a service). These reasons include: • preventing risk and fraud • answering questions or providing other types of support • helping merchants find and use apps through our app store • providing and improving our products and services • providing reporting and analytics • testing out features or additional services • assisting with marketing, advertising, or other communications
We process personal information for these reasons after considering the potential risks to your privacy—for example, by providing clear transparency into our privacy practices, offering you control over your personal information where appropriate, limiting the information we keep, limiting what we do with your information, who we send your information to, how long we keep your information, or the technical measures we use to protect your information.
One of the ways in which we are able to help merchants using Windo is by using techniques like “machine learning” to help us improve our services. When we use machine learning, we either: (1) still have a human being involved in the process (and so are not fully automated); or (2) use machine learning in ways that don’t have significant privacy implications (for example, reordering how apps might appear when you visit the app store).
4. Your rights over your information We believe you should be able to access and control your personal information no matter where you live . Depending on how you use Windo, you may have the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, restrict, or object to certain uses of your personal information (for example, direct marketing). We will not charge you more or provide you with a different level of service if you exercise any of these rights.
If you buy something from a Windo-powered store and wish to exercise these rights over information about your purchase, you need to directly contact the merchant you interacted with. We are only a processor on their behalf and cannot decide how to process their information. We will of course help our merchants to fulfil these requests by giving them the tools to do so and by answering their questions.
If you are a merchant, partner, Shop user, Windo employee, or other individual that Windo has a direct relationship with, please submit your data subject request through your Account. Please note that if you send us a request relating to your personal information, we have to make sure that it is you before we can respond. In order to do so, we may use a third party to collect and verify identification documents.
If you are not happy with our response to a request, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve the issue. You also have the right to contact your local data protection or privacy authority at any time.
Finally, because there is no common understanding about what a “Do Not Track” signal is supposed to mean, we don’t respond to those signals in any particular way.
5. Where we send your information We are incorporated in USA and India, but we work with and process data about individuals across the world. To operate our business, we may send your personal information outside of your state, province, or country. However, before sending your information which is Sensitive (for example, information about health, race, ethnicity, genetics, biometrics, trade union membership, political opinions, philosophical or religious beliefs, criminal history, or sexual interests), we will seek your permission. This data may be subject to the laws of the countries where we send it. When we send your information across borders, we take steps to protect your information, and we ensure that every entity, to which we send the information, has the same level of information security practices. We try to only send your information to countries that have strong data protection laws.
6. Information transfer outside of Europe and Switzerland If you are in Europe or Switzerland, your personal information may be collected by our affiliate entity(s). Your information is then sent to other Windo locations and to service providers who may be located in other regions, including India (where we are based). During all this process, we ensure that we handle your personal information as per applicable law.
If you are in Europe or Switzerland, when we send your personal information to India it is protected under strong Indian law which is adequately equipped to protect your personal information. If we then send this personal information outside of India (for example, when we send this information to our Sub-processors), this information is protected by contractual commitments.
Finally, while we do what we can to protect your information, we may at times be legally required to disclose your personal information (for example, if we receive a valid court order).
7. How we protect your information Our teams work tirelessly to protect your information, and to ensure the security and integrity of our platform. We also have independent auditors assess the security of our data storage and systems that process financial information. However, we all know that no method of transmission over the Internet, and method of electronic storage, can be 100% secure. This means we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
We use data collection devices such as "cookies" on certain pages of the website to help analyse our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. "Cookies" are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our services. We offer certain features that are only available through the use of a "cookie". Cookies can also help us provide information that is targeted to your interests. Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on the website.
9. How to contact us If you would like to ask about, make a request relating to, or complain about how we process your personal information, please contact email@example.com, or mail us at one of the addresses below. If you would like to submit a legally binding request to demand someone else’s personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a merchant using Windo to power your business, we collect and use your personal information to provide you with the use of our platform and its services, and generally to help you better manage your business and your relationship with your customers. 1. What information we collect about you and why We collect personal information when you sign up for Windo, when you use our platform, or when you otherwise provide us information including by way of linking your Account with your Social Media accounts. We may also use third party service providers to help us review accounts for fraud or other concerns. In general, we need the below mentioned information for you to be able to use our platform. We collect information provided by you such as information about you and your business, like your name, the name of your staff or other individuals associated with your business, company name, address, email address, and phone number. We use this information to provide you with the use of our platform and other related services (e.g., to confirm your identity, to contact you about issues with the platform, to invoice you), to advertise and market products or features to you, or to comply with legal requirements. We collect Payment information you provide us, such as your credit or debit card number or your bank account number. We use this information to charge you for our services, and to provide you access to payment services.
We collect copies of government-issued and/or a picture of yourself holding your identification that you provide us. This information is used by us if we need to verify your identity (e.g., to protect you against identity theft or fraud), or to verify that we are speaking with you if you contact us, or to help us determine or verify your Account ownership, or to comply with legal requirements. We also work with companies that provide us with information about merchants or prospective merchants (for example, to protect against fraud or if we’re sponsoring an event). 2. When and why we share your information with others Running a business is hard, and we work with a variety of companies to help us provide you with a range of services to help you support your business. We sometimes share your personal information with these companies to help us provide you with Windo services.
We also share your personal information with others: • to prevent or investigate suspected fraud, threats to physical safety, illegal activity, or violations of a contract (like our Terms of Service available at https://www.getwindo.shop/terms-and-conditions). • to help us conduct marketing and advertising • to comply with legal requirements, or to respond to court orders, or other similar government demands • if we merge with or are acquired by another company
Additionally, almost every merchant using the Windo platform also uses non-Windo services to support their business (for example, apps from our app store, sales channels, payment gateways, or shipping providers).
Windo doesn’t control how these services use your personal information, and you should review any other service you use to make sure it meets your privacy expectations. When you choose to use non-Windo services, we tell you what information we will share with that service at your direction, so you can decide whether you want to use the service.
3. Your rights over your information We believe that you should be able to access and control your own personal information no matter where you live. You can access and correct a lot of your personal information directly through your Windo Account. For information you are not able to access or correct directly within the Windo Account, please submit a data subject request through e-mail at email@example.com.
Because we need your personal information to provide Windo services, we generally keep your personal information while you use Windo products or services. If you close your store, you stop paying your subscription fees, or we terminate your account, we retain store information for a pre-decided time-frame before we begin the personal information purge process. We don’t do this immediately in case you reactivate your account, or if there is a legal complaint or audit relating to your business. If you contact us to request deletion of your store’s information, we will begin the personal information purge process after 90 days, except if we are legally required to retain specific information. If you have questions about this process, please contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.. Please keep in mind that after we anonymize your personal information, we may continue to use non-identifiable information to improve our services.
Finally, we do not and will not “sell” your personal information.
4. Your customers’ information In order to power your business, we collect and use personal information about your customers. In general, we only collect and use this personal information as directed by you. We will never use your customers’ information to independently market or advertise to your customers unless they are also using one of our applications or services directly. We also do not and will not “sell” your customers’ information.
We collect information you provide about yourself like your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and payment information. We use it to provide merchants with our services, and enable them to operate their business—e.g., to allow them to complete a transaction, screen orders for fraud and risk, fulfil orders, and contact you with new products or offers. We also collect information about how you access our websites, your account, and our platform, including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and details about how you browse through our websites and platform. We collect some of this information by using “cookies” or other similar technologies directly from your device. We use it to provide merchants with our services, and enable them to operate their business (e.g., to provide them with analytics about how many people visit their store, and to help them troubleshoot and improve their store).